How open source databases are sucking revenue out of legacy vendors' pockets

    Date22 Apr 2018
    CategoryLatest News
    1542
    Posted ByBrittany Day
    A decade ago, it was a serious question whether open source databases were ready for mission-critical applications. The obvious response at the time was "no," with substantial evidence to back that claim. More recently, self-promoting vendors have continued to pitch the idea that proprietary databases "are the best fit for mission-critical applications," but the idea has lost credibility. Particularly because "95% of mainstream IT organizations use open-source software in their mission-critical IT portfolios," according to Gartner. The other 5%? They won't be around long enough to figure out the reason for holding out.
    You are not authorised to post comments.

    LinuxSecurity Poll

    Do you reuse passwords across multiple accounts?

    No answer selected. Please try again.
    Please select either existing option or enter your own, however not both.
    Please select minimum 0 answer(s) and maximum 2 answer(s).
    /component/communitypolls/?task=poll.vote
    13
    radio
    [{"id":"55","title":"Yes","votes":"5","type":"x","order":"1","pct":45.45,"resources":[]},{"id":"56","title":"No","votes":"6","type":"x","order":"2","pct":54.55,"resources":[]}]["#ff5b00","#4ac0f2","#b80028","#eef66c","#60bb22","#b96a9a","#62c2cc"]["rgba(255,91,0,0.7)","rgba(74,192,242,0.7)","rgba(184,0,40,0.7)","rgba(238,246,108,0.7)","rgba(96,187,34,0.7)","rgba(185,106,154,0.7)","rgba(98,194,204,0.7)"]350
    bottom200

    Advisories

    We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to our Cookie Policy.