References : 1196647 1206480 1206684 1210557 1211427 1212101 1213915 1214052
1214460 1216123 1216174 1216378 CVE-2023-4039 CVE-2023-44487
This update for gcc13 fixes the following issues:
This update ship the GCC 13.2 compiler suite and its base libraries.
The compiler base libraries are provided for all SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
versions and replace the same named GCC 12 ones.
The new compilers for C, C++, and Fortran are provided for SUSE Linux
Enterprise 15 SP4 and SP5, and provided in the 'Development Tools' module.
The Go, D, Ada and Modula 2 language compiler parts are available
unsupported via the PackageHub repositories.
To use gcc13 compilers use:
- install 'gcc13' or 'gcc13-c++' or one of the other 'gcc13-COMPILER' frontend packages.
- override your Makefile to use CC=gcc13, CXX=g++13 and similar overrides for the other languages.
For a full changelog with all new GCC13 features, check out
* CVE-2023-4039: Fixed -fstack-protector issues on aarch64 with variable
length stack allocations. (bsc#1214052)
- Turn cross compiler to s390x to a glibc cross. [bsc#1214460]
- Also handle -static-pie in the default-PIE specs
- Fixed missed optimization in Skia resulting in Firefox crashes when
building with LTO. [bsc#1212101]
- Make libstdc++6-devel packages own their directories since they
can be installed standalone. [bsc#1211427]
- Add new x86-related intrinsics (amxcomplexintrin.h).
- RISC-V: Add support for inlining subword atomic operations
- Use --enable-link-serialization rather that --enable-link-mutex,
the benefit of the former one is that the linker jobs are not
holding tokens of the make's jobserver.
- Add cross-bpf packages. See https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/BPFBackEnd
for the general state of BPF with GCC.
- Add bootstrap conditional to allow --without=bootstrap to be
specified to speed up local builds for testing.
- Bump included newlib to version 4.3.0.
- Also package libhwasan_preinit.o on aarch64.
- Configure external timezone database provided by the timezone
package. Make libstdc++6 recommend timezone to get a fully
working std::chrono. Install timezone when running the testsuite.
- Package libhwasan_preinit.o on x86_64.
- Fixed unwinding on aarch64 with pointer signing. [bsc#1206684]
- Enable PRU flavour for gcc13
- update floatn fixinclude pickup to check each header separately (bsc#1206480)
- Redo floatn fixinclude pick-up to simply keep what is there.
- Bump libgo SONAME to libgo22.
- Do not package libhwasan for biarch (32-bit architecture)
as the extension depends on 64-bit pointers.
- Adjust floatn fixincludes guard to work with SLE12 and earlier
- Depend on at least LLVM 13 for GCN cross compiler.
- Update embedded newlib to version 4.2.0
- Allow cross-pru-gcc12-bootstrap for armv7l architecture.
PRU architecture is used for real-time MCUs embedded into TI
armv7l and aarch64 SoCs. We need to have cross-pru-gcc12 for
armv7l in order to build both host applications and PRU firmware
during the same build.
This update for nghttp2 fixes the following issues:
- CVE-2023-44487: Fixed HTTP/2 Rapid Reset attack. (bsc#1216174)
This update for zlib fixes the following issues:
- CVE-2023-45853: Fixed an integer overflow that would lead to a
buffer overflow in the minizip subcomponent (bsc#1216378).
This Update for libtirpc to 1.3.4, fixing the following issues:
Update to 1.3.4 (bsc#1199467)
* binddynport.c honor ip_local_reserved_ports
- replaces: binddynport-honor-ip_local_reserved_ports.patch
* gss-api: expose gss major/minor error in authgss_refresh()
* rpcb_clnt.c: Eliminate double frees in delete_cache()
* rpcb_clnt.c: memory leak in destroy_addr
* portmapper: allow TCP-only portmapper
* getnetconfigent: avoid potential DoS issue by removing unnecessary sleep
* clnt_raw.c: fix a possible null pointer dereference
* bindresvport.c: fix a potential resource leakage
Update to 1.3.3:
* Fix DoS vulnerability in libtirpc
- replaces: 0001-Fix-DoS-vulnerability-in-libtirpc.patch
* _rpc_dtablesize: use portable system call
* libtirpc: Fix use-after-free accessing the error number
* Fix potential memory leak of parms.r_addr
- replaces 0001-fix-parms.r_addr-memory-leak.patch
* rpcb_clnt.c add mechanism to try v2 protocol first
- preplaces: 0001-rpcb_clnt.c-config-to-try-protocolversion-2-first.patch
* Eliminate deadlocks in connects with an MT environment
* clnt_dg_freeres() uncleared set active state may deadlock
* thread safe clnt destruction
* SUNRPC: mutexed access blacklist_read state variable
* SUNRPC: MT-safe overhaul of address cache management in rpcb_clnt.c
Update to 1.3.2:
* Replace the final SunRPC licenses with BSD licenses
* blacklist: Add a few more well known ports
* libtirpc: disallow calling auth_refresh from clnt_call with RPCSEC_GSS
Update to 1.3.1:
* Remove AUTH_DES interfaces from auth_des.h
The unsupported AUTH_DES authentication has be
compiled out since commit d918e41d889 (Wed Oct 9 2019)
replaced by API routines that return errors.
* svc_dg: Free xp_netid during destroy
* Fix memory management issues of fd locks
* libtirpc: replace array with list for per-fd locks
* __svc_vc_dodestroy: fix double free of xp_ltaddr.buf
* __rpc_dtbsize: rlim_cur instead of rlim_max
* pkg-config: use the correct replacements for libdir/includedir
The following package changes have been done:
- libtirpc-netconfig-1.3.4-150300.3.20.1 updated
- libz1-1.2.13-150500.4.3.1 updated
- libnghttp2-14-1.40.0-150200.12.1 updated
- libgcc_s1-13.2.1+git7813-150000.1.3.3 updated
- libstdc++6-13.2.1+git7813-150000.1.3.3 updated
- libtirpc3-1.3.4-150300.3.20.1 updated
- container:sles15-image-15.0.0-36.5.52 updated