This update for bouncycastle to version 1.59 fixes the following issues:
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-13098: BouncyCastle, when configured to use the JCE (Java
Cryptography Extension) for cryptographic functions, provided a weak
Bleichenbacher oracle when any TLS cipher suite using RSA key exchange
was negotiated. An attacker can recover the private key from a
vulnerable application. This vulnerability is referred to as "ROBOT"
- CVE-2016-1000338: Ensure full validation of ASN.1 encoding of signature
on verification. It was possible to inject extra elements in the
sequence making up the signature and still have it validate, which in
some cases may have allowed the introduction of 'invisible' data into a
signed structure (bsc#1095722).
- CVE-2016-1000339: Prevent AESEngine key information leak via lookup
table accesses (boo#1095853).
- CVE-2016-1000340: Preventcarry propagation bugs in the implementation of
squaring for several raw math classes (boo#1095854).
- CVE-2016-1000341: Fix DSA signature generation vulnerability to timing
- CVE-2016-1000341: DSA signature generation was vulnerable to timing
attack. Where timings can be closely observed for the generation of
signatures may have allowed an attacker to gain information about the
signature's k value and ultimately the private value as well
- CVE-2016-1000342: Ensure that ECDSA does fully validate ASN.1 encoding
of signature on verification. It was possible to inject extra elements
in the sequence making up the signature and still have it validate,
which in some cases may have allowed the introduction of 'invisible'
data into a signed structure (bsc#1095850).
- CVE-2016-1000343: Prevent weak default settings for private DSA key pair
- CVE-2016-1000344: Removed DHIES from the provider to disable the unsafe
of ECB mode (boo#1096026).
- CVE-2016-1000345: The DHIES/ECIES CBC mode was vulnerable to padding
oracle attack. In an environment where timings can be easily observed,
it was possible with enough observations to identify when the decryption
is failing due to padding (bsc#1096025).
- CVE-2016-1000346: The other party DH public key was not fully validated.
This could have caused issues as invalid keys could be used to reveal
details about the other party's private key where static Diffie-Hellman
is in use (bsc#1096024).
- CVE-2016-1000352: Remove ECIES from the provider to disable the unsafe
of ECB mode (boo#1096022).