This update for fossil fixes the following issues:
- fossil 2.12.1:
* CVE-2020-24614: Remote authenticated users with check-in or
administrative privileges could have executed arbitrary code
* Security fix in the "fossil git export" command. New "safety-net"
features were added to prevent similar problems in the future.
* Enhancements to the graph display for cases when there are many
cherry-pick merges into a single check-in. Example
* Enhance the fossil open command with the new --workdir option and the
ability to accept a URL as the repository name, causing the remote
repository to be cloned automatically. Do not allow "fossil open" to
open in a non-empty working directory unless the --keep option or the
new --force option is used.
* Enhance the markdown formatter to more closely follow the CommonMark
specification with regard to text highlighting. Underscores in the
middle of identifiers (ex: fossil_printf()) no longer need to be
* The markdown-to-html translator can prevent unsafe HTML (for example:
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:1070-1
References: #1047218 #1175760
CVE-2020-24614 (NVD) : 8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2