This update for MozillaFirefox fixes the following issues:
This update contains the Firefox Extended Support Release 91.2.0 ESR.
Firefox Extended Support Release 91.2.0 ESR
* Fixed: Various stability, functionality, and security fixes MFSA 2021-45
* CVE-2021-38496: Use-after-free in MessageTask
* CVE-2021-38497: Validation message could have been overlaid on another
* CVE-2021-38498: Use-after-free of nsLanguageAtomService object
* CVE-2021-32810: Data race in crossbeam-deque
* CVE-2021-38500 (bmo#1725854, bmo#1728321) Memory safety bugs fixed in
Firefox 93, Firefox ESR 78.15, and Firefox ESR 91.2
* CVE-2021-38501 (bmo#1685354, bmo#1715755, bmo#1723176) Memory safety
bugs fixed in Firefox 93 and Firefox ESR 91.2
- Fixed crash in FIPS mode (bsc#1190710)
* Fixed: Various stability, functionality, and security fixes
MFSA 2021-40 (bsc#1190269, bsc#1190274):
* CVE-2021-38492: Navigating to `mk:` URL scheme could load Internet
* CVE-2021-38495: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 92 and Firefox ESR
Firefox Extended Support Release 91.0.1 ESR
* Fixed: Fixed an issue causing buttons on the tab bar to be resized when
loading certain websites (bug 1704404)
* Fixed: Fixed an issue which caused tabs from private windows to be
visible in non-private windows when viewing switch-to- tab results in
the address bar panel (bug 1720369)
* Fixed: Various stability fixes
* Fixed: Security fix MFSA 2021-37 (bsc#1189547)
* CVE-2021-29991 (bmo#1724896) Header Splitting possible with HTTP/3
Firefox Extended Support Release 91.0 ESR
* New: Some of the highlights of the new Extended Support Release are:
- A number of user interface changes. For more information, see the
Firefox 89 release notes.
- Firefox now supports logging into Microsoft, work, and school accounts
using Windows single sign-on. Learn more
- On Windows, updates can now be applied in the background while Firefox
is not running.
- Firefox for Windows now offers a new page about:third-party to help
identify compatibility issues caused by third-party applications
- Version 2 of Firefox's SmartBlock feature further improves private
browsing. Third party Facebook scripts are blocked to prevent you from
being tracked, but are now automatically loaded "just in time" if you
decide to "Log in with Facebook"
on any website.
- Enhanced the privacy of the Firefox Browser's Private Browsing mode
with Total Cookie Protection, which confines cookies to the site where
they were created, preventing companis from using cookies to track
your browsing across sites. This feature was originally launched in
Firefox's ETP Strict mode.
- You'll encounter less website breakage in Private Browsing and Strict
Enhanced Tracking Protection with SmartBlock, which provides stand-in
scripts so that websites load properly.
- Improved Print functionality with a cleaner design and better
integration with your computer's printer settings.
- Firefox now protects you from supercookies, a type of tracker that can
stay hidden in your browser and track you
online, even after you clear cookies. By isolating supercookies,
Firefox prevents them from tracking your web browsing from one site
to the next.
- Firefox now remembers your preferred location for saved bookmarks,
displays the bookmarks toolbar by default on new tabs, and gives you
easy access to all of your bookmarks via a toolbar folder.
- Native support for macOS devices built with Apple Silicon CPUs brings
dramatic performance improvements over the non- native build that was
shipped in Firefox 83: Firefox launches
over 2.5 times faster and web apps are now twice as responsive (per
the SpeedoMeter 2.0 test). If you are on a new Apple device, follow
these steps to upgrade to the latest Firefox.
- Pinch zooming will now be supported for our users with Windows
touchscreen devices and touchpads on Mac devices. Firefox users may
now use pinch to zoom on touch-capable devices to zoom in and out of
- We???ve improved functionality and design for a number of Firefox
* Selecting a search engine at the bottom of the search panel now
enters search mode for that engine, allowing you to see suggestions
(if available) for your search terms. The old behavior (immediately
performing a search) is available with a shift-click.
* When Firefox autocompletes the URL of one of your search engines,
you can now search with that engine directly in the address bar by
selecting the shortcut in the address bar results.
* We???ve added buttons at the bottom of the search panel to allow you
to search your bookmarks, open tabs, and history.
- Firefox supports AcroForm, which will allow you to fill in, print, and
save supported PDF forms and the PDF viewer also has a new fresh look.
- For our users in the US and Canada, Firefox can now save, manage, and
auto-fill credit card information for you, making shopping on Firefox
ever more convenient.
- In addition to our default, dark and light themes, with this release,
Firefox introduces the Alpenglow theme: a colorful appearance for
buttons, menus, and windows. You can update your Firefox themes under
settings or preferences.
* Changed: Firefox no longer supports Adobe Flash. There is no setting
available to re-enable Flash support.
* Enterprise: Various bug fixes and new policies have been implemented in
the latest version of Firefox. See more details in the Firefox for
Enterprise 91 Release Notes.
MFSA 2021-33 (bsc#1188891):
* CVE-2021-29986: Race condition when resolving DNS names could have led
to memory corruption
* CVE-2021-29981: Live range splitting could have led to conflicting
assignments in the JIT
* CVE-2021-29988: Memory corruption as a result of incorrect style
* CVE-2021-29983: Firefox for Android could get stuck in fullscreen mode
* CVE-2021-29984: Incorrect instruction reordering during JIT optimization
* CVE-2021-29980: Uninitialized memory in a canvas object could have led
to memory corruption
* CVE-2021-29987: Users could have been tricked into accepting unwanted
permissions on Linux
* CVE-2021-29985: Use-after-free media channels
* CVE-2021-29982: Single bit data leak due to incorrect JIT optimization
and type confusion
* CVE-2021-29989: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 91 and Firefox ESR
* CVE-2021-29990: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 91
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.