This update for barrier fixes the following issues:
Updated to version 2.4.0:
Barrier now supports client identity verification (fixes CVE-2021-42072,
Previously a malicious client could connect to Barrier server without any
authentication and send application-level messages. This made the attack
surface of Barrier significantly larger. Additionally, in case the
malicious client got possession of a valid screen name by brute forcing or
other means it could modify the clipboard contents of the server. To
support seamless upgrades from older versions of Barrier this is currently
disabled by default. The feature can be enabled in the settings dialog. If
enabled, older clients of Barrier will be rejected. Barrier now uses
SHA256 fingerprints for establishing security of encrypted SSL
connections. After upgrading client to new version the existing server
fingerprint will need to be approved again. Client and server will show
both SHA1 and SHA256 server fingerprints to allow interoperability with
older versions of Barrier.
* Fixed build failure on mips*el and riscv64 architecture.
* Barrier no longer uses openssl CLI tool for any operations and hooks
into the openssl library directly.
* More X11 clipboard MIME types have been mapped to corresponding
* Fixed setup of multiple actions associated with a hotkey.
* Fixed setup of hotkeys with special characters such as comma and
* Fixed transfer of non-ASCII characters coming from a Windows server in
certain cases (#527).
* Barrier will now regenerate server certificate if it's invalid instead
of failing to launch (#802)
* Added support for additional keys on Sun Microsystems USB keyboards
* Updated Chinese translation.
* Updated Slovak translation.
* Theme icons are now preferred to icons distributed together with Barrier
* Added --drop-target option that improves drag and drop support on
Windows when Barrier is being run as a portable app.
* The --enable-crypto command line option has been made the default to
reduce chances of accidental security mishaps when configuring Barrier
from command line. A new --disable-crypto command line option has been
added to explicitly disable encryption.
* Added support for randomart images for easier comparison of SSL
certificate fingerprints. The algorithm is identical to what OpenSSH
* Implemented a configuration option for Server GUI auto-start.
* Made it possible to use keyboard instead of mouse to modify screen
* Added support for keyboard backlight media keys
* Added support for Eisu_toggle and Muhenkan keys
* Added --profile-dir option that allows to select custom profile
submitted upstream at https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/pull/6261
* Bug #4749 - Clipboard thread race condition causes assertion
* Bug #4720 - Plugin download shows 'Could not get Linux package
* Bug #4712 - Unable to send clipboard with size above 1KB when
* Bug #4690 - Log line 'activeDesktop' does not use logging
* Enhancement #4901 - Auto restart when running from GUI in
* Bug #4650 - SSL error log message repeats excessively and
* Bug #4601 - Large clipboard data with SSL causes 'protocol is
* Bug #4593 - Locking Windows server causes SSL_ERROR_SSL to
* Bug #4538 - Windows service crashes intermittently with no
* Bug #4566 - Client or server crashes with 'ssl handshake
* Bug #4706 - Installer is not output to build config dir
* Bug #4704 - Plugin 'ns' release build is overwritten with
* Bug #4697 - Timing can allow an SSL socket to be used after
* Enhancement #4661 - Log error but do not crash when failing
* Enhancement #4708 - Download ns plugin for specific Mac
* Enhancement #4587 - Include OpenSSL binaries in source for
* Enhancement #4695 - Automatically upload plugins as