References : 1030253 1095425 1103893 1112183 1146907 1158955 1159131 1161007
1162882 1166844 1167603 1182252 1182645 1192935 1193951 354372
437293 824262 CVE-2020-10531 CVE-2020-21913
This update for icu73_2 fixes the following issues:
- Update to release 73.2
* CLDR extends the support for âshortâ Chinese sort orders to
cover some additional, required characters for Level 2. This
is carried over into ICU collation.
* ICU has a modified character conversion table, mapping some
GB18030 characters to Unicode characters that were encoded
- fixes builds where UCHAR_TYPE is re-defined such as libqt5-qtwebengine
- Update to release 73.1
* Improved Japanese and Korean short-text line breaking
* Reduction of C++ memory use in date formatting
- Update to release 72.1
* Support for Unicode 15, including new characters, scripts,
emoji, and corresponding API constants.
* Support for CLDR 42 locale data with various additions and
* Shift to tzdb 2022e. Pre-1970 data for a number of timezones
has been removed.
- bump library packagename to libicu71 to match the version.
- update to 71.1:
* updates to CLDR 41 locale data with various additions and corrections.
* phrase-based line breaking for Japanese. Existing line breaking methods
follow standards and conventions for body text but do not work well for
short Japanese text, such as in titles and headings. This new feature is
optimized for these use cases.
* support for Hindi written in Latin letters (hi_Latn). The CLDR data for
this increasingly popular locale has been significantly revised and
expanded. Note that based on user expectations, hi_Latn incorporates a
large amount of English, and can also be referred to as âHinglishâ.
* time zone data updated to version 2022a. Note that pre-1970 data for a
number of time zones has been removed, as has been the case in the upstream
tzdata release since 2021b.
- ICU-21793 Fix ucptrietest golden diff [bsc#1192935]
- Update to release 70.1:
* Unicode 14 (new characters, scripts, emoji, and API constants)
* CLDR 40 (many additions and corrections)
* Fixes for measurement unit formatting
* Can now be built with up to C++20 compilers
- ICU-21613 Fix undefined behaviour in ComplexUnitsConverter::applyRounder
- Update to release 69.1
* CLDR 39
* For Norwegian, 'no' is back to being the canonical code, with
'nb' treated as equivalent. This aligns handling of Norwegian
with other macro language codes.
* Binary prefixes in measurement units (KiB, MiB, etc.)
* Time zone offsets from local time: New APIs
BasicTimeZone::getOffsetFromLocal() (C++) and
- Backport ICU-21366 (bsc#1182645)
- Update to release 68.2
* Fix memory problem in FormattedStringBuilder
* Fix assertion when setKeywordValue w/ long value.
* Fix UBSan breakage on 8bit of rbbi
* fix int32_t overflow in listFormat
* Fix memory handling in MemoryPool::operator=()
* Fix memory leak in AliasReplacer
- Add back icu.keyring, see https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-21361
- Update to release 68.1
* CLDR 38
* Measurement unit preferences
* PluralRules selection for ranges of numbers
* Locale ID canonicalization now conforms to the CLDR spec
including edge cases
* DateIntervalFormat supports output options such as capitalization
* Measurement units are normalized in skeleton string output
* Time zone data (tzdata) version 2020d
- Add the provides for libicu to Make .Net core can install
successfully. (bsc#1167603, bsc#1161007)
- Update to version 67.1
* Unicode 13 (ICU-20893, same as in ICU 66)
+ Total of 5930 new characters
+ 4 new scripts
+ 55 new emoji characters, plus additional new sequences
+ New CJK extension, first characters in plane 3: U+30000..U+3134A
* CLDR 37
+ New language at Modern coverage: Nigerian Pidgin
+ New languages at Basic coverage: Fulah (Adlam), Maithili,
Manipuri, Santali, Sindhi (Devanagari), Sundanese
+ Region containment: EU no longer includes GB
+ Unicode 13 root collation data and Chinese data for collation and transliteration
* DateTimePatternGenerator now obeys the 'hc' preference in the locale identifier (ICU-20442)
* Various other improvements for ECMA-402 conformance
* Number skeletons have a new 'concise' form that can be used in MessageFormat strings (ICU-20418)
* Currency formatting options for formal and other currency display name variants (ICU-20854)
* ListFormatter: new public API to select the style & type (ICU-12863)
* ListFormatter now selects the proper âandâ/âorâ form for Spanish & Hebrew (ICU-21016)
* Locale ID canonicalization upgraded to implement the complete CLDR spec (ICU-20834, ICU-20272)
* LocaleMatcher: New option to ignore one-way matches (ICU-20936),
and other tweaks to the code (ICU-20916, ICU-20917) and data (from CLDR)
* acceptLanguage() reimplemented via LocaleMatcher (ICU-20700)
* Data build tool: tzdbNames.res moved from the 'zone_tree' category to the 'zone_supplemental' category (ICU-21073)
* Fixed uses of u8'literals' broken by the C++20 introduction of the incompatible char8_t type (ICU-20972),
* and added a few API overloads to reduce the need for reinterpret_cast (ICU-20984).
* Support for manipulating CLDR 37 unit identifiers in MeasureUnit.
* Fix potential integer overflow in UnicodeString:doAppend (bsc#1166844, CVE-2020-10531).
- Update to version 66.1
* Unicode 13 support
* Fix uses of u8'literals' broken by C++20 introduction of
incompatible char8_t type. (ICU-20972)
* use LocalMemory for cmd to prevent use after free
- Remove /usr/lib(64)/icu/current [bsc#1158955].
- Update to release 65.1 (jsc#SLE-11118).
* Updated to CLDR 36 locale data with many additions and
corrections, and some new measurement units.
* The Java LocaleMatcher API is improved, and ported to C++.
The following package changes have been done:
- libicu73_2-ledata-73.2-150000.1.3.1 added
- libicu73_2-73.2-150000.1.3.1 added
- libicu-suse65_1-65.1-150188.8.131.52 removed
- libicu65_1-ledata-65.1-150184.108.40.206 removed