Discover LinuxSecurity Features
Call for Contributors with Knowledge of Linux Firewalls!
Greetings fellow Linux security enthusiasts,
Interested in becoming a LinuxSecurity contributor, but need an article topic idea and some guidance to help you get started?
We’re looking for contributors with an understanding of Linux firewalls who can help provide insight into how firewalls can be implemented and configured to improve the security of a Linux system.
If you would like to contribute an article on this topic, we suggest that you explore:
- The types of attacks that firewalls can and cannot protect against
- Limitations of firewalls, and the the importance of taking a defense-in-depth approach to securing a Linux system
- Tips and advice for using firewalls to secure a Linux system
- How using a web application firewall (WAF) can improve security
- Best practices for securely configuring and maintaining firewalls
The LinuxSecurity.com contributor program provides you with the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with a community of like-minded people who share your passion for Linux and security, receive comments from community members, and engage in meaningful discussions about the topics that interest you most.
To get started, register and customize your User Profile.
If you are new to LinuxSecurity.com, I would like to extend a warm welcome to the LinuxSecurity community!
Yours in Open Source,