Victims of US gov't mega-breach still haven't been notified

Advisories

Discover Government News

Victims of US gov't mega-breach still haven't been notified

Nearly three months after the US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) discovered its databases had been compromised by Chinese hackers, the government still hasn't notified the employees and contractors affected by the breach. On Tuesday, the OPM said it planned to start the process of informing victims "later this month," and that reaching everyone is expected to take several weeks.
The Department of Defense will send notifications directly to affected people by postal mail, the agency said.

The link for this article located at The Register UK is no longer available.

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to our Cookie Policy.