This update for tmux fixes the following issues:
- Update to version 3.1c
* Fix a stack overflow on colon-separated CSI parsing. boo#1178263
- tmux 3.1b:
* Fix crash when allow-rename ison and an empty name is set
- tmux 3.1a:
* Do not close stdout prematurely in control mode since it is needed to
print exit messages. Prevents hanging when detaching with iTerm2
- includes changes between 3.1-rc1 and 3.1:
* Only search the visible part of the history when marking
(highlighting) search terms. This is much faster than searching the
whole history and solves problems with large histories. The count of
matches shown is now the visible matches rather than all matches
* Search using regular expressions in copy mode. search-forward and
search-backward use regular expressions by default; the incremental
versions do not
* Turn off mouse mode 1003 as well as the rest when exiting
* Add selection_active format for when the selection is present but not
moving with the cursor
* Fix dragging with modifier keys, so binding keys such as
C-MouseDrag1Pane and C-MouseDragEnd1Pane now work
* Add -a to list-keys to also list keys without notes with -N
* Do not jump to next word end if already on a word end when selecting a
word; fixes select-word with single character words and vi(1) keys
* Fix top and bottom pane calculation with pane border status enabled
- Update to v3.1-rc
* Please see the included CHANGES file
- Fix tmux completion
- Update to v3.0a
* A lot of changes since v2.9a, please see the included CHANGES file.
- Update to v2.9a
- Fix bugs in select-pane and the main-horizontal and main-vertical
- Add trailing newline to tmpfiles.d/tmux.conf. On newer systems (such as
Leap 15.1), the lack of a trailing newline appears to cause the
directory to not be created. This is only evident on setups where /run
is an actual tmpfs (on btrfs-root installs, /run is a btrfs subvolume
and thus /run/tmux is persistent across reboots).
- Update to version 2.9
* Add format variables for the default formats in the various modes
(tree_mode_format and so on) and add a -a flag to display-message to
list variables with values.
* Add a -v flag to display-message to show verbose messages as the
format is parsed, this allows formats to be debugged
* Add support for HPA (\033[`).
* Add support for origin mode (\033[?6h).
* No longer clear history on RIS.
* Extend the # style syntax and use that together with previous format
changes to allow the status line to be entirely configured with a
* Add E: and T: format modifiers to expand a format twice (useful to
expand the value of an option).
* The individual -fg, -bg and -attr options have been removed; they were
superseded by -style options in tmux 1.9.
* Add -b to display-panes like run-shell.
* Handle UTF-8 in word-separators option.
* New "terminal" colour allowing options to use the terminal default
colour rather than inheriting the default from a parent option.
* Do not move the cursor in copy mode when the mouse wheel is used.
* Use the same working directory rules for jobs as new windows rather
than always starting in the user's home.
* Allow panes to be one line or column in size.
* Go to last line when goto-line number is out of range in copy mode.
* Yank previously cut text if any with C-y in the command prompt, only
use the buffer if no text has been cut.
* Add q: format modifier to quote shell special characters.
* Add -Z to find-window.
* Support for windows larger than the client. This adds two new options,
window-size and default-size, and a new command, resize-window. The
force-width and force-height options and the session_width and
session_height formats have been removed.
- update to 2.8
- move bash-completion to right place
* Make display-panes block the client until a pane is chosen or it times
* Clear history on RIS like most other terminals do.
* Add an "Any" key to run a command if a key is pressed that is not bound
in the current key table.
* Expand formats in load-buffer and save-buffer.
* Add a rectangle_toggle format.
* Add set-hook -R to run a hook immediately.
* Add pane focus hooks.
* Allow any punctuation as separator for s/x/y not only /.
* Improve resizing with the mouse (fix resizing the wrong pane in some
layouts, and allow resizing multiple panes at the same time).
* Allow , and } to be escaped in formats as #, and #}.
* Add KRB5CCNAME to update-environment.
* Change meaning of -c to display-message so the client is used if it
matches the session given to -t.
* Fixes to : form of SGR.
* Add x and X to choose-tree to kill sessions, windows or panes.
- Add bash completion for tmux
- Update to 2.7
* Remove EVENT_* variables from environment on platforms where tmux uses
them so they do not pass on to panes.
* Fixed for hooks at server exit.
* Remove SGR 10 (was equivalent to SGR 0 but no other terminal seems to
* Expand formats in window and session names.
* Add -Z flag to choose-tree, choose-client, choose-buffer to
automatically zoom the pane when the mode is entered and unzoom when
it exits, assuming the pane is not already zoomed. This is now part of
the default key bindings.
* Add C-g to exit modes with emacs keys.
* Add exit-empty option to exit server if no sessions (default = on)
* Show if a filter is present in choose modes.
* Add pipe-pane -I to to connect stdin of the child process.
* Performance improvements for reflow.
* Use RGB terminfo(5) capability to detect RGB colour terminals (the
existing Tc extension remains unchanged).
* Support for ISO colon-separated SGR sequences.
* Add select-layout -E to spread panes out evenly (bound to E key).
* Support wide characters properly when reflowing.
* Pass PWD to new panes as a hint to shells, as well as calling chdir().
* Performance improvements for the various choose modes.
* Only show first member of session groups in tree mode (-G flag to
choose-tree to show all).
* Support %else in config files to match %if
* Fix "kind" terminfo(5) capability to be S-Down not S-Up.
* Add a box around the preview label in tree mode.
* Show exit status and time in the remain-on-exit pane text
* Correctly use pane-base-index in tree mode.
* Change the allow-rename option default to off.
* Support for xterm(1) title stack escape sequences
* Correctly remove padding cells to fix a UTF-8 display problem
- build from release tarball instead of source (drops automake dep)
- Bash completion is now removed and provided by
- cleanup specfile directory with tmpfiles.d functionality in /run/tmux