This update for syncthing fixes the following issues:
Update to 1.15.0/1.15.1
* This release fixes a vulnerability where Syncthing and the relay
server can crash due to malformed relay protocol messages
(CVE-2021-21404); see GHSA-x462-89pf-6r5h. (boo#1184428)
* This release updates the CLI to use subcommands and adds the
subcommands cli (previously standalone stcli utility) and decrypt (for
offline verifying and decrypting encrypted folders).
* With this release we invite everyone to test the "untrusted
(encrypted) devices" feature. You should not use it yet on important
production data. Thus UI controls are hidden behind a feature flag.
For more information, visit:
Update to 1.14.0
* This release adds configurable device and folder defaults.
* The output format of the /rest/db/browse endpoint has changed.
update to 1.13.1:
* This release adds configuration options for min/max connections (see
moves the storage of pending devices/folders from the config to the
* Official builds of v1.13.0 come with the Tech Ui, which is impossible
to switch back from
update to 1.12.1:
* Invalid names are allowed and "auto accepted" in folder root path on
* Sometimes indexes for some folders aren't sent after starting Syncthing
* [Untrusted] Remove Unexpected Items leaves things behind
* Wrong theme on selection
* Quic spamming address resolving
* Deleted locally changed items still shown as locally changed
* Allow specifying remote expected web UI port which would generate a
* Ignore fsync errors when saving ignore files
Update to 1.12.0
- The 1.12.0 release
- adds a new config REST API.
- The 1.11.0 release
- adds the sendFullIndexOnUpgrade option to control whether all index
data is resent when an upgrade is detected, equivalent to starting
Syncthing with --reset-deltas. This (sendFullIndexOnUpgrade=true)
used to be the behavior in previous versions, but is mainly useful
as a troubleshooting step and causes high database churn. The new
default is false.
- Update to 1.10.0
- This release adds the config option announceLANAddresses to enable
(the default) or disable announcing private (RFC1918) LAN IP addresses
to global discovery.
- Update to 1.9.0
- This release adds the advanced folder option caseSensitiveFS
disable the new safe handling of case insensitive filesystems.
- Fix Leap build by requiring at least Go 1.14
- Prevent the build system to download Go modules which would require an
internet connection during the build
- Update to 1.8.0
- The 1.8.0 release
- adds the experimental copyRangeMethod config on folders, for use on
filesystems with copy-on-write support. Please see
- adds TCP hole punching, used to establish high performance TCP
connections in certain NAT scenarios where only relay or QUIC
connections could be used previously.
- adds a configuration to file versioning for how often to run
cleanup. This defaults to once an hour, but is configurable from
very frequently to never.
- The 1.7.0 release performs a database migration to optimize for
clusters with many devices.
- The 1.6.0 release performs a database schema migration, and adds the
BlockPullOrder, DisableFsync and MaxConcurrentWrites folder
options to the configuration schema. The LocalChangeDetected event no
longer has the action set to added for new files, instead showing
modified for all local file changes.
- The 1.5.0 release changes the default location for the index database
under some circumstances. Two new flags can also be used to affect the
location of the configuration (-config) and database (-data)
separately. The old -home flag is equivalent to setting both of these
to the same directory. When no flags are given the following logic is
used to determine the data location: If a database exists in the old
default location, that location is still used. This means existing
installations are not affected by this change. If $XDG_DATA_HOME is
set, use $XDG_DATA_HOME/syncthing. If ~/.local/share/syncthing exists,
use that location. Use the old default location.
- Update to 1.4.2:
- #6499: panic: nil pointer dereference in usage reporting
- Other issues:
- revert a change to the upgrade code that puts unnecessary load on
the upgrade server
- Update to 1.4.1:
- #6289: "general SOCKS server failure" since syncthing 1.3.3
- #6365: Connection errors not shown in GUI
- #6415: Loop in database migration "folder db index missing" after
upgrade to v1.4.0
- #6422: "fatal error: runtime: out of memory" during database
migration on QNAP NAS
- #5380: gui: Display folder/device name in modal
- #5979: UNIX socket permission bits
- #6384: Do auto upgrades early and synchronously on startup
- Other issues:
- #6249: Remove unnecessary RAM/CPU stats from GUI
- Update to 1.4.0:
- Important changes:
- New config option maxConcurrentIncomingRequestKiB
- Replace config option maxConcurrentScans with maxFolderConcurrency
- Improve database schema
- #4774: Doesn't react to Ctrl-C when run in a subshell with
- #5952: panic: Should never get a deleted file as needed when we
don't have it
- #6281: Progress emitter uses 100% CPU
- #6300: lib/ignore: panic: runtime error: index out of range  with
- #6304: Syncing issues, database missing sequence entries
- #6335: Crash or hard shutdown can case database inconsistency, out
- #5786: Consider always running the monitor process
- #5898: Database performance: reduce duplication
- #5914: Limit folder concurrency to improve performance
- #6302: Avoid thundering herd issue by global request limiter
- Change the Go build requirement to a more flexible "golang(API) >= 1.12".
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update update project.