This update for putty fixes the following issues:
putty was updated to to release 0.80:
* Fix CVE-2023-48795 [boo#1218128]
- Update to release 0.79
* Terminal mouse tracking: support for mouse movements which are not
drags, and support for horizontal scroll events (e.g. generated by
* Fixed: PuTTY could fail an assertion if a resize control sequence was
sent by the server while the window was docked to
one half of the screen in KDE.
* Fixed: PuTTY could fail an assertion if you tried to change the font
size while the window was maximised.
- Update to release 0.78
* Support for OpenSSH certificates, for both user authentication keys
and host keys.
* New SSH proxy modes, for running a custom shell command or subsystem
on the proxy server instead of forwarding a port through it.
* New plugin system to allow a helper program to provide responses in
keyboard-interactive authentication, intended to automate one-time
* Support for NTRU Prime post-quantum key exchange,
* Support for AES-GCM (in the OpenSSH style rather than RFCÂ 5647).
* Support for more forms of Diffie-Hellman key exchange: new larger
integer groups (such as group16 and group18), and support for using
those and ECDH with GSSAPI.
* Bug fix: server-controlled window title setting now works again even
if the character set is ISO 8859 (or a few other