References : 1142579 1177460 1185597 1185712 1188374 1191473 1193929 1194783
1197592 1198165 1198237 1199944 1202324 1202816 1202966 1202967
1202969 1204649 1205126 1205156 CVE-2019-1010204 CVE-2021-3530
CVE-2021-3648 CVE-2021-3826 CVE-2021-45078 CVE-2021-46195 CVE-2022-1664
CVE-2022-27943 CVE-2022-38126 CVE-2022-38127 CVE-2022-38533 CVE-2022-42898
This update for timezone fixes the following issues:
Update timezone version from 2022a to 2022f (bsc#1177460, bsc#1204649, bsc#1205156):
- Mexico will no longer observe DST except near the US border
- Chihuahua moves to year-round -06 on 2022-10-30
- Fiji no longer observes DST
- In vanguard form, GMT is now a Zone and Etc/GMT a link
- zic now supports links to links, and vanguard form uses this
- Simplify four Ontario zones
- Fix a Y2438 bug when reading TZif data
- Enable 64-bit time_t on 32-bit glibc platforms
- Omit large-file support when no longer needed
- Jordan and Syria switch from +02/+03 with DST to year-round +03
- Palestine transitions are now Saturdays at 02:00
- Simplify three Ukraine zones into one
- Improve tzselect on intercontinental Zones
- Chile's DST is delayed by a week in September 2022 (bsc#1202324)
- Iran no longer observes DST after 2022
- Rename Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv
- New `zic -R` command option
- Vanguard form now uses %z
This update for dpkg fixes the following issues:
- CVE-2022-1664: Fixed a directory traversal vulnerability in Dpkg::Source::Archive (bsc#1199944).
This update for libeconf fixes the following issues:
- Update to version 0.4.6+git
Parsing error: Reporting file and line nr. --delimeters=spaces accepting all kind of spaces for delimiter.
Parse files correctly on space characters (1198165)
- Update to version 0.4.5+git
New call 'syntax' for checking the configuration files only. Returns an error string with line number if error.
New options '--comment' and '--delimeters'
This update for binutils fixes the following issues:
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2019-1010204: Fixed out-of-bounds read in elfcpp/elfcpp_file.h (bsc#1142579).
- CVE-2021-3530: Fixed stack-based buffer overflow in demangle_path() in rust-demangle.c (bsc#1185597).
- CVE-2021-3648: Fixed infinite loop while demangling rust symbols (bsc#1188374).
- CVE-2021-3826: Fixed heap/stack buffer overflow in the dlang_lname function in d-demangle.c (bsc#1202969).
- CVE-2021-45078: Fixed out-of-bounds write in stab_xcoff_builtin_type() in stabs.c (bsc#1193929).
- CVE-2021-46195: Fixed uncontrolled recursion in libiberty/rust-demangle.c (bsc#1194783).
- CVE-2022-27943: Fixed stack exhaustion in demangle_const in (bsc#1197592).
- CVE-2022-38126: Fixed assertion fail in the display_debug_names() function in binutils/dwarf.c (bsc#1202966).
- CVE-2022-38127: Fixed NULL pointer dereference in the read_and_display_attr_value() function in binutils/dwarf.c (bsc#1202967).
- CVE-2022-38533: Fixed heap out-of-bounds read in bfd_getl32 (bsc#1202816).
The following non-security bugs were fixed:
- SLE toolchain update of binutils, update to 2.39 from 2.37.
- Update to 2.39:
* The ELF linker will now generate a warning message if the stack is made
executable. Similarly it will warn if the output binary contains a
segment with all three of the read, write and execute permission
bits set. These warnings are intended to help developers identify
programs which might be vulnerable to attack via these executable
The warnings are enabled by default but can be disabled via a command
line option. It is also possible to build a linker with the warnings
disabled, should that be necessary.
* The ELF linker now supports a --package-metadata option that allows
embedding a JSON payload in accordance to the Package Metadata
* In linker scripts it is now possible to use TYPE= in an output
section description to set the section type value.
* The objdump program now supports coloured/colored syntax
highlighting of its disassembler output for some architectures.
(Currently: AVR, RiscV, s390, x86, x86_64).
* The nm program now supports a --no-weak/-W option to make it ignore
* The readelf and objdump programs now support a -wE option to prevent
them from attempting to access debuginfod servers when following
* The objcopy program's --weaken, --weaken-symbol, and
--weaken-symbols options now works with unique symbols as well.
- Update to 2.38:
* elfedit: Add --output-abiversion option to update ABIVERSION.
* Add support for the LoongArch instruction set.
* Tools which display symbols or strings (readelf, strings, nm, objdump)
have a new command line option which controls how unicode characters are
handled. By default they are treated as normal for the tool. Using
--unicode=locale will display them according to the current locale.
Using --unicode=hex will display them as hex byte values, whilst
--unicode=escape will display them as escape sequences. In addition
using --unicode=highlight will display them as unicode escape sequences
highlighted in red (if supported by the output device).
* readelf -r dumps RELR relative relocations now.
* Support for efi-app-aarch64, efi-rtdrv-aarch64 and efi-bsdrv-aarch64 has been
added to objcopy in order to enable UEFI development using binutils.
* ar: Add --thin for creating thin archives. -T is a deprecated alias without
diagnostics. In many ar implementations -T has a different meaning, as
specified by X/Open System Interface.
* Add support for AArch64 system registers that were missing in previous
* Add support for the LoongArch instruction set.
* Add a command-line option, -muse-unaligned-vector-move, for x86 target
to encode aligned vector move as unaligned vector move.
* Add support for Cortex-R52+ for Arm.
* Add support for Cortex-A510, Cortex-A710, Cortex-X2 for AArch64.
* Add support for Cortex-A710 for Arm.
* Add support for Scalable Matrix Extension (SME) for AArch64.
* The --multibyte-handling=[allow|warn|warn-sym-only] option tells the
assembler what to when it encoutners multibyte characters in the input. The
default is to allow them. Setting the option to 'warn' will generate a
warning message whenever any multibyte character is encountered. Using the
option to 'warn-sym-only' will make the assembler generate a warning whenever a
symbol is defined containing multibyte characters. (References to undefined
symbols will not generate warnings).
* Outputs of .ds.x directive and .tfloat directive with hex input from
x86 assembler have been reduced from 12 bytes to 10 bytes to match the
output of .tfloat directive.
* Add support for 'armv8.8-a', 'armv9-a', 'armv9.1-a', 'armv9.2-a' and
'armv9.3-a' for -march in AArch64 GAS.
* Add support for 'armv8.7-a', 'armv8.8-a', 'armv9-a', 'armv9.1-a',
'armv9.2-a' and 'armv9.3-a' for -march in Arm GAS.
* Add support for Intel AVX512_FP16 instructions.
* Add -z pack-relative-relocs/-z no pack-relative-relocs to x86 ELF
linker to pack relative relocations in the DT_RELR section.
* Add support for the LoongArch architecture.
* Add -z indirect-extern-access/-z noindirect-extern-access to x86 ELF
linker to control canonical function pointers and copy relocation.
* Add --max-cache-size=SIZE to set the the maximum cache size to SIZE
- Explicitly enable --enable-warn-execstack=yes and --enable-warn-rwx-segments=yes.
- Add gprofng subpackage.
- Include recognition of 'z16' name for 'arch14' on s390. (bsc#1198237).
- Add back fix for bsc#1191473, which got lost in the update to 2.38.
- Install symlinks for all target specific tools on arm-eabi-none (bsc#1185712).
- Enable PRU architecture for AM335x CPU (Beagle Bone Black board)
This update for krb5 fixes the following issues:
- CVE-2022-42898: Fixed integer overflow in PAC parsing (bsc#1205126).
The following package changes have been done:
- libeconf0-0.4.6+git20220427.3016f4e-150400.3.3.1 updated
- krb5-1.19.2-150400.3.3.1 updated
- timezone-2022f-150000.75.15.1 updated
- libctf-nobfd0-2.39-150184.108.40.206 updated
- update-alternatives-220.127.116.11-150000.4.4.1 updated
- libctf0-2.39-15018.104.22.168 updated
- binutils-2.39-15022.214.171.124 updated
- container:sles15-image-15.0.0-27.14.18 updated