Discover Organizations/Events News
Black Hat Wi-Fi network hit by 154 DoS attacks
The Wi-Fi network at last week's Black Hat conference in Las Vegas was pummeled by multiple types of attacks -- but the network held (at least that was my experience).
The stats are now out on the security status of the Wi-Fi network at Black Hat, which was run by wireless vendor Aruba Networks. I spoke with Aruba prior to the event and they were confident they had the gear to keep the network secure. So what was the damage?
- 9 suspected rogue APs were detected.
- 175 attempts by a wireless user to access the Aruba mobility controller were blocked by the Aruba firewall.
- 23 impersonation attacks were detected.
- 71 non-Blackhat APs were detected.
- 154 denial-of-service (DoS) attacks were detected.
The link for this article located at Internet News is no longer available.