Discover Security Trends News
Linux Operating System Market Predicted to Grow at a CAGR of 19.8% by 2029
The global linux operating system market was valued at 5.33 Billion U.S. dollars in 2021 and is expected to grow to 22.15 Billion U.S. dollars in 2029, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.8% during the forecast period.
Factors affecting the growth ofLinux Operating System Market (2023-2029):
- Cost: Linux is an open-source operating system, meaning it is free to use and distribute. This makes it an attractive option for organizations and individuals looking to reduce software costs.
- Security: Linux is known for its security features, such as built-in firewalls and secure user permissions. This makes it a popular choice for organizations that need to protect sensitive data.
- Customizability: Linux is highly customizable, allowing users to tailor the operating system to their specific needs. This makes it a popular choice for organizations with unique requirements.
- Support: Linux has a large and active community of users and developers, providing a wealth of support and resources. This makes it a popular choice for organizations that need a stable and well-supported operating system.
- Scalability: Linux is a highly scalable operating system, making it suitable for use on a wide range of hardware and in various environments such as cloud, IoT, and embedded systems.
- Cloud Computing: Linux has been widely adopted in cloud computing infrastructure and services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack, Kubernetes etc.
- IoT and Embedded systems: Due to its small footprint, low power consumption and customizability, Linux is widely used in IoT and embedded systems devices such as routers, cameras, smart devices, etc.