This update for nasm fixes the following issues:
nasm was updated to version 2.14.02.
This allows building of Mozilla Firefox 78ESR and also contains lots of
bugfixes, security fixes and improvements.
* Fix crash due to multiple errors or warnings during the code generation
pass if a list file is specified.
* Create all system-defined macros defore processing command-line given
preprocessing directives (-p, -d, -u, --pragma, --before).
* If debugging is enabled, define a __DEBUG_FORMAT__ predefined macro. See
* Fix an assert for the case in the obj format when a SEG operator refers to an EXTERN symbol declared further down in the code.
* Fix a corner case in the floating-point code where a binary, octal or
hexadecimal floating-point having at least 32, 11, or 8 mantissa digits
could produce slightly incorrect results under very specific conditions.
* Support -MD without a filename, for gcc compatibility. -MF can be used
to set the dependencies output filename. See section 2.1.7.
* Fix -E in combination with -MD. See section 2.1.21.
* Fix missing errors on redefined labels; would cause convergence failure
instead which is very slow and not easy to debug.
* Duplicate definitions of the same label with the same value is now
explicitly permitted (2.14 would allow it in some circumstances.)
* Add the option --no-line to ignore %line directives in the source. See
section 2.1.33 and section 4.10.1.
* Changed -I option semantics by adding a trailing path separator
* Fixed null dereference in corrupted invalid single line macros.
* Fixed division by zero which may happen if source code is malformed.
* Fixed out of bound access in processing of malformed segment override.
* Fixed out of bound access in certain EQU parsing.
* Fixed buffer underflow in float parsing.
* Added SGX (Intel Software Guard Extensions) instructions.
* Added +n syntax for multiple contiguous registers.
* Fixed subsections_via_symbols for macho object format.
* Added the --gprefix, --gpostfix, --lprefix, and --lpostfix command line
options, to allow command line base symbol renaming. See section 2.1.28.
* Allow label renaming to be specified by %pragma in addition to from the
command line. See section 6.9.
* Supported generic %pragma namespaces, output and debug. See section 6.10.
* Added the --pragma command line option to inject a %pragma directive.
See section 2.1.29.
* Added the --before command line option to accept preprocess statement
before input. See section 2.1.30.
* Added AVX512 VBMI2 (Additional Bit Manipulation), VNNI (Vector Neural
Network), BITALG (Bit Algorithm), and GFNI (Galois Field New
* Added the STATIC directive for local symbols that should be renamed
using global-symbol rules. See section 6.8.
* Allow a symbol to be defined as EXTERN and then later overridden as
GLOBAL or COMMON. Furthermore, a symbol declared EXTERN and then defined
will be treated as GLOBAL. See section 6.5.
* The GLOBAL directive no longer is required to precede the definition of
* Support private_extern as macho specific extension to the GLOBAL
directive. See section 7.8.5.
* Updated UD0 encoding to match with the specification
* Added the --limit-X command line option to set execution limits. See
* Updated the Codeview version number to be aligned with MASM.
* Added the --keep-all command line option to preserve output files. See
* Added the --include command line option, an alias to -P (section 2.1.18).
* Added the --help command line option as an alias to -h (section 3.1).
* Added -W, -D, and -Q suffix aliases for RET instructions so the operand
sizes of these instructions can be encoded without using o16, o32 or o64.
New upstream version 2.13.03:
* Add flags: AES, VAES, VPCLMULQDQ
* Add VPCLMULQDQ instruction
* elf: Add missing dwarf loc section
* documentation updates
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.