Discover LinuxSecurity Features
IPv6 approach for TCP SYN Flood attack over VoIP, Part V
7. Result Analysis
7.1 Most powerful and flexible L4-7 security and content networking test solution proven for:
- Firewalls, edge routers, session controllers, proxies, IDS/IPS, VPN concentrators.
- Servers, content switches/caches, load balancers, SSL accelerators
7.2 Mix real VoIP calls (H.323 & SIP) over integrated DHCP, IPSec, PPPoE and 802.1 xs
- Realistic testing, faster set-up, no need for scripting
7.3Integrated IPv6, IPsecv6, VLAN, and SNMP support -Rapidly test next-generation dual-stack devices and Stress the management plane at the same time
7.4 Create a realistic mix of application traffic with H.323, SIP, RTSP, SNMP, messaging on each test interface, DoS. /spam /virus attacks with over 150 measurements.
This paper has described and analyzed a network based denial of service attack, called SYN flooding. It has contributed a detailed analysis for practical approach to application Performance validation for VoIP application with IPv6/IPv4 configurations and TCP SYN Flooding attacks over connection oriented networks.
To protect from DoS attacks for secure, scalable, high-availability IPV6 services over VoIP performance above methods proven better results. It has proved working also for spam and virus attacks over TCP connections with network tester methods of MoonV6.
We would like to thank Zlata Trhulj for design documentation of IPv6 services and Network tester methods presented at North American IPv6 Coalition Meeting-Reston, VA, 25 May, 2005.
About the Author: Suhas A Desai
- Undergraduate Computer Engineering Student,Walchand CE,Sangli,INDIA.
- Previous Publications in area "Linux Based Biometrics Security with Smart Card" are include:ISA EXPO 2004,InTech Journal,TX,USA,IEEE Real Time and Embedded System symposium 2005,CA,USA.,e-Smart 2005,France.
- Writes security newsletters and features for many security sites.